December 5: MAW Enterprises, the authorized distributor of Yamaha motorcycles and scooters in Nepal, announced the launch of its super sports bike R15 (Version 3.0) in the market on December 4.
According to the company, the new model comes with a 155 cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine that uses innovative technologies like Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) and Assist & Slipper (A&S) Clutch.
Yamaha said in a statement that it has introduced the revolutionary VVA system which results in linear acceleration and high performance character along with sharper throttle response. The Assist & Slipper (A&S) Clutch has been adopted to reduce the weight of the clutch pull and provide a low stress shifting during deceleration, according to the company. The statement adds that the A&S Clutch provides smooth and enjoyable downshifts during the ride.
“The R15 V3 is equipped with a powerful 155 cc engine with high compression ratio resulting in maximum 19.3 PS power at 10,000 RPM delivering a torque of 15 N.M at 8500 RPM,” the reads the statement.
The introductory price of the R15 V3 for Nepal is Rs 419,900.
The bike weighs 139 kg and has a massive ground clearance of 170 mm.
R15 V3 specifications
- Bigger 155 cc Engine along with a new bore x stroke ratio of 58mm x 58.7 mm and a higher compression ratio of 11.6:1
- Forged aluminum pistons and DiaSil Cylinders are carried over from the previous generation which gives class leading durability to the motorcycle’s engine
- 5.5 litre air cleaner [60 percent more than previous generation], larger diameter intake port of 30mm and a valve design
- Newly design crank case vents which decreases pumping loss and increases power
- New engine warmup method circulates the coolant within the engine itself and the thermostat opens and allows the coolant to circulate through the radiator, thus allowing for faster engine warmup
- New muffler design with a 3 stage expansion & a 3 way catalytic convertor contributes to environmental performance
- Design and style inspiration from its siblings R1 and R6
- “Next Strain of R-DNA” is a high-level fusion of a universal sense of beauty and an expression of speed that suggests a new dimension of riding
- A front face reminiscent of the R1
- Fairings that give visual form to the airflow
- A silhouette that alludes to its performance and handling
- Gear position indicator
- The cockpit also has a serious and aggressive look with a hoard of features in the instrument console including 18 parameter display