In its initial days, Chachan Group traded in a range of commodities such as leather and leather products, cement, vegetable ghee, food grains, lentils, oil seeds, spices, consumer goods, fertilisers, pulses, edible oils and animal feeds. As the business thrived, Chachan Group transformed itself into a business group with several manufacturing units producing the same commodities that it once simply traded.
Today, Chachan Group imports spices, fertilisers, sugar, cement and coal and agro-equipments through its four different trading firms. The group started trading in coal in 2011. The group is also a manufacturer of different popular brands of cement such as Trishakti and Jay Bageshwari. The group produces cement through Narayani Cement Udhyog and Jai Bageshwari Cement. The latter was established three years ago.
The group is strongly focused on its cement industries and plans to establish several clinker plants. It has already bought limestone mines in parts of Udaypur, Palpa and Arghakhanchi district.
- Clinker plants
- Expansion of Jay Bageshwori Cement Industry
- Cement grinding plant in Nepalgunj
- Plans to acquire a limestone quarry in the hilly area of Makwanpur district
Key Revenue Generator
- Manufacturing (Cement Industry)
- Annual turnover exceeds Rs 4 billion, 70 percent contributed by the cement wing of the group